Looking for a high-protein breakfast option for a picky kiddo? These Almond Banana Muffins might be the answer! With just five ingredients, they’re healthy and super simple to prepare. They’re also gluten and dairy free!
Ingredients (Makes 12 muffins):
1 cup all-natural almond butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Using a food processor or hand mixer, combine the almond butter and bananas until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs and blend again.
- Add the baking soda and blend again.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and blend again.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin. Each opening should be filled about half-way.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the muffins are slightly browned. Serve and Enjoy!
No time to bake in the mornings? These simple muffins can be prepared the night before and grabbed on the go, and they freeze well. Feel free to switch out the almond butter for another nut butter. You can also pack even more protein punch by adding in a little vanilla-flavored protein powder.
What’s your secret for getting protein into your kids’ breakfast?