Looking for a light and healthy dinner option after the decadence of Thanksgiving? Look no further! This one-pot meal is low-carb, gluten and dairy free, and packed with nutrition. The whole dish can be prepped and cooked in under 30 minutes.
2 medium pieces boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb) cut into chunks
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
3 medium zucchinis, cut into noodles using a spiralizer*
1 carrot, cut into noodles using a spiralizer
Sesame Seeds, optional garnish
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Salt, black pepper and red chili flakes to taste, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and/or red chili flakes.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken with salt, pepper and drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of sauce over the chicken. Allow to marinate for a few minutes while you prep the spiralized veggies.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a large skillet / saute pan on medium. Add chicken and cook until lightly brown, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the pineapple chunks and cook for another 2 minutes, until slightly softened. Pour in the sauce and turn the heat to high. Allow sauce to bubble and thicken while stirring – about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spiralized zucchini and carrots into the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook for about 2 minutes, until zucchini is tender. Be careful not to overcook as the veggies can get mushy!
- Remove from heat and drizzle extra sauce in pan over chicken and serve immediately, garnish with sesame seeds if desired, serve and enjoy!
*After spiralizing the zucchini, wring out extra moisture and pat dry with a paper towel. This will keep your dish from being too watery!
If you don’t have a spiralizer, it is a must-have for the low-carb, gluten-free kitchen! They are relatively cheap on Amazon.